Looking for in-person training?
Miss a webinar you wanted to see?
Check out these recorded webinars!
- NC LIVE 101 (April 2018, 30 mins): An overview of the NC LIVE website, including resources offered, searching & browsing, statistics & collections data, and promotional & instructional tools for patrons and library staff.
- Test Prep on NC LIVE (April 2018, 45 mins): Find out about all the test prep resources you have access to on NC LIVE in Testing & Education Reference Center, Ebook Central, and Credo Reference!
- NC LIVE's New Website (May 2017, 30 mins): An overview of the new NC LIVE website, including basic functionality and new features. To view this webinar:
- Click the link above and download the file.
- Download the WebEx Network Recording Player and install.
- Open the file using the Network Recording Player.
- Credo for NC Academic Libraries (November 2017, 45 mins): Find new ways to use Credo in your library's curriculum with this session geared toward college, community college, and university libraries! Explore the collection and see the different ways your patrons can begin their research using our searching tools. Tour the e-books, Topic Pages, Mind Map, embedding, and linking capabilities.
- Credo Reference for North Carolina (September 2017, 30 mins): Join us for a 30 minute introduction to Credo Online Reference Service. You'll get a brief overview of the reference ebook content, Topic Pages and mind-mapping tools which support beginning research. We'll also touch on the tools available to boost usage and Credo effectiveness in your library, from embeddable entries, to LibGuides and Discovery integration.
- Cypress Resume Overview (November 2017, 10 mins): Learn how to use Cypress Resume, NC LIVE's simple online resume creator, in this brief presentation.
Selected Webinars from EBSCO's NC LIVE Training Series:
- Novelist Plus for Readers' Advisors (January 2018, 30 mins): Connecting people with books they’ll love is what Readers’ Advisory is all about! In this session, find out how to locate just the right fiction or nonfiction title with NoveList Plus. Learn how to search for series in reading order, find Read-a-Likes and Award Winners, and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier (January 2018, 30 mins): Learn all about the features and functionality of MasterFILE, a database designed for public library reference.
- Biography Reference Center (December 2017, 26 mins): Get an overview on this unique resource, which includes American National Biography, American Reference Library, and many other resources of more than 430,00 biographies from around the world. Learn how to search by occupation, nationality, and genre categories, as well as limiting by lexiles.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (October 2017, 30 mins): CINAHL Plus with Full Text covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- AutoMate (October 2017, 30 mins): Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, AutoMate provides the most accurate, authoritative, and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information and diagrams.
Selected Webinars from Gale's NC LIVE Training Series:
- Support Summer Reading with Your NC LIVE Gale Resources (April 2018, 30 mins): This webinar will reveal connections between NC LIVE Gale resources to summer reading initiatives in your library. You’ll learn how to connect users with community-building information on the go, and you’ll walk away with ideas to make this summer a stand-out for your users!
- Literature Resource Center Refresher (March 2018, 30 mins): Explore this literary criticism resource you can use at the reference desk, in your instruction programs, in your LibGuides, and with your book clubs!
- Science In Context Refresher (February 2018, 30 mins): Science In Context provides contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics. In this session, we'll examine how to find what you need (like science experiments) and show off user workflow tools like Google/Microsoft integration, citation generator, and more!
- Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) (January 2018, 44 mins): TERC provides users with online test preparation and much more, which you can see here: List of Available Tests and Courses in TERC. In this session we'll dive into the content and show off the tools to make this resource a success in your library!
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center (August 2017, 30 mins): Get introduced to your new career database! Learn how this award-winning resource can help your students and patrons explore thousands of possible professions in 140 industries and career fields. The database also offers a wealth of information on planning their education and launching their career, including an in-depth career interest assessment and live job postings.
- Stimulate Learning with Films on Demand for Academic Institutions (34 mins): Learn the basics of using Films on Demand, your source for streaming video.
- Enhance your Library Programs with Access Video On Demand (32 mins): Learn the basics of Access Video on Demand, the public library interface for Films on Demand.
- "Quick & LIVEly" Films on Demand Webinar (January 2015, 50 mins): Julie Humphrey from Durham Tech CC leads this webinar designed to help you share Films on Demand with patrons and library staff! Whether you're looking for personal help with your yoga poses or backyard composting, or helping students, faculty, or patrons find quality video content on the latest science topics, Films on Demand is for you!
Selected Webinars from ProQuest's NC LIVE Training Series:
- HeritageQuest (March 2018, 60 mins): Learn all about this essential genealogy resource! This session covers how to use the Census, Books, Revolutionary War, and Freedman's Bank collections, the Interactive Image Viewer and save/print/email tools, and the Research Aids and Maps features.
- Business & Market Research on ProQuest (March 2018, 40 mins): ProQuest contains a broad array of business information, going beyond scholarly journals and news to include industry and market research reports, commodity reports, company reports, country reports, and start-up tools. How does one find all this diverse information? Watch this session to get started!
- The *NEW* eLibrary (February 2018, 40 mins): Take a tour of the totally redesigned eLibrary, your homework help resource.
- Ebook Central (February 2018, 34 mins): Join us for an overview of ProQuest Ebook Central, which replaced ebrary in September 2017. Learn how to access our collection of over 170,000 ebooks!
- Summon for NC LIVE Libraries (July 2017, 60 mins): Learn more about Summon and the implementation process, including an overview of how Summon works, how it will help your library, major steps in the implementation process, and FAQs.
- RBdigital App Detailed Overview (June 2017, 30 mins)
- RBdigital App Quick Overview (June 2017, 4 mins)