Miss a webinar you wanted to see? Check out these recorded webinars!
- NC LIVE 101 (April 2018, 30 mins): An overview of the NC LIVE website, including resources offered, searching & browsing, statistics & collections data, and promotional & instructional tools for patrons and library staff.
- Ebooks on NC LIVE (October 2018, 60 mins): Learn how to use the platforms that house three of our largest NC LIVE ebook collections: Ebook Central, Credo Reference, and eBooks on EBSCOhost. On each platform, we will explore content, search and browse for books, and discuss methods for saving the items by downloading, linking, and more!
- Keep Up Using NC LIVE's Library Literature (August 2018, 60 mins): Find out about using NC LIVE resources for librarian professional development! We'll review content in Library Science Database, MasterFILE, NoveList, and Ebook Central that will help you keep up with current library trends and make your job easier.
- Science & Technology Research with NC LIVE (August 2018, 55 mins): Learn how to use Science in Context, SIRS Discoverer, and ProQuest's science databases to support patrons of all ages in their search for science and technology information.
- Summon Made Easy (July 2018, 45 mins): Two North Carolina librarians, Doug Short (Central Piedmont Community College) and Alan Unsworth (Surry County Community College), share their experiences implementing, promoting and measuring the impact of Summon.
- Research Current Events with NC LIVE (July 2018, 45 mins): Support current events research for patrons of all ages, from middle school to college (and beyond)! Explore the content and functionality of CQ Researcher, SIRS Knowledge Source, and eLibrary.
- HomeGrown Ebooks 101 (May 2018, 30 mins): Learn the ins and outs of using HomeGrown Ebooks on NC LIVE.
- Genealogy & Local History Research on NC LIVE (May 2018, 55 mins): Learn about what NC LIVE offers for genealogy & local history research. This session features an overview of HeritageQuest, Historic North Carolina Digital Newspaper Collection, and Sanborn Maps.
- Career Research with NC LIVE (May 2018, 60 mins): Find out how to use NC LIVE to support your patrons' career goals! This session includes overviews of Ferguson's Career Guidance Center, Cypress Resume, and the career tools in Testing & Education Reference Center.
- Test Prep on NC LIVE (April 2018, 45 mins): Find out about all the test prep resources you have access to on NC LIVE in Testing & Education Reference Center, Ebook Central, and Credo Reference!
- NC LIVE's New Website (May 2017, 30 mins): An overview of the new NC LIVE website, including basic functionality and new features. To view this webinar:
- Click the link above and download the file.
- Download the WebEx Network Recording Player and install.
- Open the file using the Network Recording Player.
- Credo Reference for Public Libraries (August 2018, 50 mins): Take a tour of Credo Reference's Complete Core content, including the juvenile and student friendly materials, and see the different ways in which you can begin the research process using our searching tools. Tour the e-books, Topic Pages, Mind Map, embedding and linking capabilities.
- Credo for NC Academic Libraries (July 2018, 45 mins): Find new ways to use Credo in your library's curriculum with this session geared toward college, community college, and university libraries! Explore the collection and see the different ways your patrons can begin their research using our searching tools. Tour the e-books, Topic Pages, Mind Map, embedding, and linking capabilities.
- Cypress Resume Overview (November 2017, 10 mins): Learn how to use Cypress Resume, NC LIVE's simple online resume creator, in this brief presentation.
Selected Webinars from EBSCO's NC LIVE Training Series:
- Biography Reference Center (September 2018, 30 mins): Get an overview on this unique homework help resource, which includes American National Biography, American Reference Library, and many other resources of more than 430,00 biographies from around the world. Learn how to search by occupation, nationality, and genre categories, as well as limiting by Lexiles.
- Novelist Plus for Readers' Advisors (January 2018, 30 mins): Connecting people with books they’ll love is what Readers’ Advisory is all about! In this session, find out how to locate just the right fiction or nonfiction title with NoveList Plus. Learn how to search for series in reading order, find Read-a-Likes and Award Winners, and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier (January 2018, 30 mins): Learn all about the features and functionality of MasterFILE, a database designed for public library reference.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (October 2017, 30 mins): CINAHL Plus with Full Text covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- AutoMate (October 2017, 30 mins): Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, AutoMate provides the most accurate, authoritative, and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information and diagrams.
Selected Webinars from Gale's NC LIVE Training Series:
- Support Summer Reading with Your NC LIVE Gale Resources (April 2018, 30 mins): This webinar will reveal connections between NC LIVE Gale resources to summer reading initiatives in your library. You’ll learn how to connect users with community-building information on the go, and you’ll walk away with ideas to make this summer a stand-out for your users!
- Literature Resource Center Refresher (March 2018, 30 mins): Explore this literary criticism resource you can use at the reference desk, in your instruction programs, in your LibGuides, and with your book clubs!
- Science In Context Refresher (February 2018, 30 mins): Science In Context provides contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics. In this session, we'll examine how to find what you need (like science experiments) and show off user workflow tools like Google/Microsoft integration, citation generator, and more!
- Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) (January 2018, 44 mins): TERC provides users with online test preparation and much more, which you can see here: List of Available Tests and Courses in TERC. In this session we'll dive into the content and show off the tools to make this resource a success in your library!
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center (August 2017, 30 mins): Get introduced to your new career database! Learn how this award-winning resource can help your students and patrons explore thousands of possible professions in 140 industries and career fields. The database also offers a wealth of information on planning their education and launching their career, including an in-depth career interest assessment and live job postings.
- Stimulate Learning with Films on Demand for Academic Institutions (34 mins): Learn the basics of using Films on Demand, your source for streaming video.
- Enhance your Public Library Programs with Access Video On Demand (32 mins): Learn the basics of Access Video on Demand, the public library interface for Films on Demand.
- Morningstar 101 (February 2018, 60 mins): Learn how to use Morningstar, the research tool that supports investors by providing information and analysis on stocks, funds, companies, and market trends.
Selected Webinars from ProQuest's NC LIVE Training Series (<--click to see more!):
- ProQuest Entrepreneurship Database (October 2018, 34 mins): Review the content in this database, which is designed to arm entrepreneurs with vital resources for developing and researching their ideas while providing valuable insight to help grow their product or service.
- Book Display Widgets with ProQuest and LibraryThing (July 2018, 25 mins): Learn about using LibraryThing's Book Display Widgets (included with NC LIVE's Ebook Central subscription) to add visual interest to library pages, social media and Libguides.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (July 2018, 30 mins): Review the content contained in the Statistical Abstract of the United States - one of the most popular reference resources. Learn all out the statistical tables included and how to edit them.
- HeritageQuest (June 2018, 60 mins): Learn specific search strategies for many of the major collections in HeritageQuest, including the Census, Books, Revolutionary War records, Freedman's Bank collections, and the U.S Serial Set of Action of the U.S Congress. You will also see how to access the Interactive Image Viewer and save/print/email tools, as well as the new Research Aids and Maps features.
- The *NEW* eLibrary (May 2018, 50 mins): Take a tour of the totally redesigned eLibrary, your homework help resource.
- Business & Market Research on ProQuest (March 2018, 40 mins): ProQuest contains a broad array of business information, going beyond scholarly journals and news to include industry and market research reports, commodity reports, company reports, country reports, and start-up tools. How does one find all this diverse information? Watch this session to get started!
- RBdigital App Detailed Overview (June 2017, 30 mins)
- RBdigital App Quick Overview (June 2017, 4 mins)
- SimplyAnalytics 101 (August 2018, 40 mins): SimplyAnalytics is a platform that lets you create professional-quality maps and reports using demographic, business, and marketing data. Discover the basics of using NC LIVE's SimplyAnayltics subscription, from mapping data, businesses, and locations to conducting comparison studies, and more! Please use the password sa101_d4B55gk to access this recording.