Library websites can be hard for librarians to manage, hard for patrons to use, and out-of-date from a design perspective. An old website can turn off users and impede the access, use, and impact of library resources and services.
NC LIVE is offering a LibGuides-based web template for North Carolina libraries that features:
- An easy-to-use interface. LibGuides is the most common CMS used across North Carolina libraries and is a good tool for scaffolding the design and production process.
- Contemporary, attractive design. The templates were designed by UNC Creative and feature a clean aesthetic and a user-focused interface. The web templates will also be mobile-responsive (will look great on computer browsers, tablets, and phones) and will meet the latest WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.
- Customization. Libraries are free to tailor the templates as much as they desire to their needs and aesthetic.
There are two templates that libraries may choose from. One features a more search-centered interface, while the other features a programming-centered interface. You can view more of the basic design in our Best Practices and Implementation Guide
and see a video preview in this webinar.
What You'll Get
The website service package comes with:
There is a one-time $300 fee for NC LIVE member libraries. Non-NC LIVE members can contact email@example.com
- A LibGuides v.2 account with administrative rights.
- Hosted site (or access to your server).
- Permissions to make changes to your website.
Sign Us Up!