Over the past year, NC LIVE has been working with Gale and Peterson's to improve the content and functionality of Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) on behalf of NC LIVE members. We are pleased to announce the following content additions and interface improvements.
Gale Virtual Reference Library Additions
To assist with the discovery of exam preparation materials, Gale has added 33 Peterson's titles to NC LIVE's Gale Virtual Reference Library accounts. Access to these ebooks will last through the end of NC LIVE's subscription to Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC). These titles are now discoverable through NC LIVE's search bar at nclive.org.
A complete list of NC LIVE's Gale Virtual Reference Library titles is available on NC LIVE's Title Lists page. MARC records (listed as "Testing & Education Reference Center in Gale Virtual Reference Library") are available on NC LIVE's MARC Records pages.
If you use Summon and are subscribed to Gale Virtual Reference Library as a collection in Summon, we recommend that you subscribe to these 33 additional ebooks, along with the 16 existing titles NC LIVE owns and any additional GVRL titles your library owns or subscribes to.
Testing & Education Reference Center Updates
Testing & Education Reference Center now uses HTTPS protocol, offering a more secure connection. NC LIVE's link to TERC (https://www.nclive.org/cgi-bin/nclsm?rsrc=425) redirects to the HTTPS site. No URL or proxy stanza changes are recommended at this time.
If you experience any access issues for TERC following this change, please contact the NC LIVE Help Desk.
Peterson's has updated and added content to TERC throughout this year. Practice tests and ebook titles that have been added or updated in 2018 include the following.
- Math Videos (over 40 videos illustrating common math topics, including adding and subtracting fractions, factoring, coordinate geometry, and inequalities)
College Entrance Exams:
- Three full-length, online practice tests for ACCUPLACER
- One full-length, online practice test for TEAS
- Master the Nursing School and Allied Health Entrance Exam Ebook (includes practice for TEAS, PAX-RN, PSB-RN, and NET)
- Peterson's ACT Prep Guide Ebook
- Peterson's SAT Prep Guide Ebook
- Master the ASVAB Ebook
- Three full-length, online practice tests for NCLEX-PN
- Three full-length, online practice tests for NCLEX-RN
- Master the NCLEX-PN Exam Ebook
Graduate School Entrance Exams:
- 2 full-length, online practice tests for Dental Admissions Test (DAT)
- Master the PCAT Ebook
- Master the GRE Ebook
High School Exams:
- Peterson's Prep for the GED Ebook
- AP Biology Study Guide
- AP European History Study Guide
- AP World History Study Guide
- AP Calculus AB Study Guide
- AP Calculus BC Study Guide
- AP Chemistry Study Guide
- AP Statistics Study Guide
- AP U.S. Government and Politics Study Guide
- Master AP U.S. History Ebook
- Catholic High School Entrance Exam Ebook
- Master the HiSET Ebook
A Google Translate feature has been added to TERC's online practice test interface, and TERC's searching functionality and ebook user experience have also been improved.
Additional features and content additions are slated to roll out 2018-2019, including the ability to take tests multiple times and the provision of permalinks for individual test hubs. Another announcement will be made when these features are available.