Miss a webinar you wanted to see?
Check out these recorded webinars!
- NC LIVE's New Website (May 2017, 30 mins): An overview of the new NC LIVE website, including basic functionality and new features. To view this webinar:
- Click the link above and download the file.
- Download the WebEx Network Recording Player and install.
- Open the file using the Network Recording Player.
- Credo for NC Academic Libraries (November 2017, 45 mins): Find new ways to use Credo in your library's curriculum with this session geared toward college, community college, and university libraries! Explore the collection and see the different ways your patrons can begin their research using our searching tools. Tour the e-books, Topic Pages, Mind Map, embedding, and linking capabilities.
- Credo Reference for North Carolina (September 2017, 30 mins): Join us for a 30 minute introduction to Credo Online Reference Service. You'll get a brief overview of the reference ebook content, Topic Pages and mind-mapping tools which support beginning research. We'll also touch on the tools available to boost usage and Credo effectiveness in your library, from embeddable entries, to LibGuides and Discovery integration.
- Cypress Resume Overview (November 2017, 10 mins): Learn how to use Cypress Resume, NC LIVE's simple online resume creator, in this brief presentation.
Selected Webinars from EBSCO's NC LIVE Training Series:
- Biography Reference Center (December 2017, 26 mins): Get an overview on this unique resource (going live January 2018) which includes American National Biography, American Reference Library, and many other resources of more than 430,00 biographies from around the world. Learn how to search by occupation, nationality, and genre categories, as well as limiting by lexiles.
- Consumer Reports in MasterFILE (October 2017, 26 mins): Learn all about the features and functionality of MasterFILE (available starting January 2018), a database designed for public library reference. This brief session focuses on searching Consumer Reports via MasterFILE.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (October 2017, 30 mins): CINAHL Plus with Full Text covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines. Get ready for CINAHL to go live in January 2018!
- EBSCO AutoMate (October 2017, 30 mins): Get ready for AutoMate to go live in January 2018 with this session! Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, AutoMate provides the most accurate, authoritative, and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information and diagrams.
- Novelist Plus for Readers' Advisors (September 2017, 30 mins): Connecting people with books they’ll love is what Readers’ Advisory is all about! In this session, find out how to locate just the right fiction or nonfiction title with NoveList Plus, which NC LIVE libraries will get access to starting January 2018. Learn how to search for series in reading order, find Read-a-Likes and Award Winners, and much more.
Selected Webinars from Gale's NC LIVE Training Series:
- It's That Time of Year: Research with Your NC LIVE Gale Resources (October 2017, 45 minutes): In this webinar we'll examine how Gale's Science In Context and Literature Resource Center can be used to support the students in your library.
- Preview Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) (September 2017, 50 mins): Starting in January 2018, your library will have access to Gale's Testing and Education Reference Center (TERC) through NC LIVE! TERC provides users with online test preparation and much more, which you can see here: List of Available Tests and Courses in TERC. In this session we'll dive into the content and show off the tools to make this resource a success in your library!
- Support Summer Reading with Your NC LIVE Gale Resources (May 2017, 30 mins): This webinar will reveal connections between NC LIVE Gale resources to summer reading initiatives in your library. You’ll learn how to connect users with community-building information on the go, and you’ll walk away with ideas to make this summer a stand-out for your users!
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center (August 2017, 30 mins): Get introduced to your new career database, going live in 2018! Learn how this award-winning resource can help your students and patrons explore thousands of possible professions in 140 industries and career fields. The database also offers a wealth of information on planning their education and launching their career, including an in-depth career interest assessment and live job postings.
- "Quick & LIVEly" Films on Demand Webinar (January 2015, 50 mins): Julie Humphrey from Durham Tech CC leads this webinar designed to help you share Films on Demand with patrons and library staff! Whether you're looking for personal help with your yoga poses or backyard composting, or helping students, faculty, or patrons find quality video content on the latest science topics, Films on Demand is for you!
Selected Webinars from ProQuest's NC LIVE Training Series:
- Historic North Carolina Digital Newspaper Collection (Newspapers.com) (November 2017, 30 mins): Learn how to use this easy-to-use tool for newspaper research that includes search, browse, save and share capabilities. We will look at the North Carolina Newspapers.com collection using these features as well as examine how the user experience is enhanced with an image viewer that provides high-quality images that can easily be clipped, saved and shared via social media.
- Ebook Central Overview for NC LIVE Members (August 2017, 30 mins): Join us for an overview of ProQuest Ebook Central, which replaced ebrary on September 12-13. Ebook Central delivers a modern experience, with a simple interface, intuitive navigation, and user-centered design.
- Summon for NC LIVE Libraries (July 2017, 60 mins): Learn more about Summon and the implementation process, including an overview of how Summon works, how it will help your library, major steps in the implementation process, and FAQs.
- ProQuest Research Companion (July 2017, 50 mins): ProQuest Research Companion is ProQuest’s flagship information literacy product. It was built to help students do more effective scholarly research and to support educators as they teach the core information literacy principles of finding, evaluating, and using information.
- HeritageQuest Online (July 2017, 60 mins): Learn all about this essential genealogy resource! This course covers the new search pages for the Census, Books, Revolutionary War, and Freedman's Bank collections, new content, new Interactive Image Viewer and save/print/email tools, and the new Research Aids and Maps features.