Miss a webinar you wanted to see? Check out these recorded webinars!
- NC LIVE 101 (April 2018, 30 mins): An overview of the NC LIVE website, including resources offered, searching & browsing, statistics & collections data, and promotional & instructional tools for patrons and library staff.
- Summon for NC LIVE Public Libraries (January 2019, 60 mins): Learn about how ProQuest Summon is being used successfully in North Carolina public libraries. Ruth Ann Copley (Davidson County Public Library) and Edward Hirst (Rowan Public Library) share why they feel Summon is a valuable tool for their libraries, how to add public library-specific resources to Summon (such as Overdrive, Fold3, Flipster, and more), and how they are promoting Summon to their patrons. Benjamin Murphy (State Library of NC) shares information about how NC Cardinal libraries can launch Summon.
- Teacher Resources on NC LIVE (November 2018, 55 mins): Explore the educational research, news, and lesson planning resources available through ProQuest's Education Database and eLibrary, and get an overview of additional NC LIVE resources that teachers may find useful in their work!
- Ebooks on NC LIVE (October 2018, 60 mins): Learn how to use the platforms that house three of our largest NC LIVE ebook collections: Ebook Central, Credo Reference, and eBooks on EBSCOhost. On each platform, we will explore content, search and browse for books, and discuss methods for saving the items by downloading, linking, and more!
- Homework Help with NC LIVE (September 2018, 60 mins): Learn all about the content and functionality of, and the differences between, SIRS Discoverer, eLibrary, and SIRS Knowledge Source, three tools that offer interdisciplinary homework help for a variety of age groups and reading levels. Check out Testing & Education Reference Center, too!
- Keep Up Using NC LIVE's Library Literature (August 2018, 60 mins): Find out about using NC LIVE resources for librarian professional development! We'll review content in Library Science Database, MasterFILE, NoveList, and Ebook Central that will help you keep up with current library trends and make your job easier.
- Science & Technology Research with NC LIVE (August 2018, 55 mins): Learn how to use Science in Context, SIRS Discoverer, and ProQuest's science databases to support patrons of all ages in their search for science and technology information.
- Summon Made Easy (July 2018, 45 mins): Two North Carolina librarians, Doug Short (Central Piedmont Community College) and Alan Unsworth (Surry County Community College), share their experiences implementing, promoting and measuring the impact of Summon.
- Research Current Events with NC LIVE (July 2018, 45 mins): Support current events research for patrons of all ages, from middle school to college (and beyond)! Explore the content and functionality of CQ Researcher, SIRS Knowledge Source, and eLibrary.
- HomeGrown Ebooks 101 (May 2018, 30 mins): Learn the ins and outs of using HomeGrown Ebooks on NC LIVE.
- Genealogy & Local History Research on NC LIVE (May 2018, 55 mins): Learn about what NC LIVE offers for genealogy & local history research. This session features an overview of HeritageQuest, Historic North Carolina Digital Newspaper Collection, and Sanborn Maps.
- Career Research with NC LIVE (May 2018, 60 mins): Find out how to use NC LIVE to support your patrons' career goals! This session includes overviews of Ferguson's Career Guidance Center, Cypress Resume, and the career tools in Testing & Education Reference Center.
- Test Prep on NC LIVE (April 2018, 45 mins): Find out about all the test prep resources you have access to on NC LIVE in Testing & Education Reference Center, Ebook Central, and Credo Reference!
- NC LIVE's New Website (May 2017, 30 mins): An overview of the new NC LIVE website, including basic functionality and new features. To view this webinar:
- Click the link above and download the file.
- Download the WebEx Network Recording Player and install.
- Open the file using the Network Recording Player.
Webinars from Credo's NC LIVE Toolbox (<--click to see more training!)
- Credo Admin Training (February 2019, 20 mins): Learn how to run usage stats, download MARC records, export your title list,
find help videos and do light customizations on your site.
- Credo Reference for Public Libraries (February 2019, 48 mins): Take a tour of Credo Reference's Complete Core content, including the juvenile and student friendly materials, and see the different ways in which you can begin the research process using our searching tools. Tour the e-books, Topic Pages, Mind Map, embedding and linking capabilities.
- Credo Reference for Academic Libraries (February 2018, 48 mins): Find new ways to use Credo in your library's curriculum with this session geared toward college, community college, and university libraries! Explore the collection and see the different ways your patrons can begin their research using our searching tools. Tour the e-books, Topic Pages, Mind Map, embedding, and linking capabilities.
- Using Credo Reference in Social Media (January 2019, 20 mins): Learn how to locate stable links, premade social media content, and other digital promotional items from Credo!
- Cypress Resume Overview (November 2017, 10 mins): Learn how to use Cypress Resume, NC LIVE's simple online resume creator, in this brief presentation.
Selected Webinars from EBSCO's NC LIVE Training Series (<--click to see more!)
- Biography Reference Center (September 2018, 30 mins): Get an overview on this unique homework help resource, which includes American National Biography, American Reference Library, and many other resources of more than 430,00 biographies from around the world. Learn how to search by occupation, nationality, and genre categories, as well as limiting by Lexiles.
- Novelist Plus for Readers' Advisors (January 2018, 30 mins): Connecting people with books they’ll love is what Readers’ Advisory is all about! In this session, find out how to locate just the right fiction or nonfiction title with NoveList Plus. Learn how to search for series in reading order, find Read-a-Likes and Award Winners, and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier (January 2018, 30 mins): Learn all about the features and functionality of MasterFILE, a database designed for public library reference.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (October 2017, 30 mins): CINAHL Plus with Full Text covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- AutoMate (October 2017, 30 mins): Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, AutoMate provides the most accurate, authoritative, and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information and diagrams.
Selected Webinars from Gale's NC LIVE Training Series (<--click to see more!)
- Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) (October 2018, 45 mins): TERC provides users with online test preparation and more (check out the List of Available Tests and Courses in TERC). In this session, dive into the content and explore the tools you can use to make this resource a success in your library! This session also covers how to access test prep newly available in Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Science In Context (October 2018, 30 mins): Science in Context features authoritative information for assignments and projects, and provides detailed coverage of popular subjects. From earth science and life science, to space, technology, mathematics and science history and biography, this one-stop resource will help meet your patrons' and students' science needs!
- Support Summer Reading with Your NC LIVE Gale Resources (April 2018, 30 mins): This webinar will reveal connections between NC LIVE Gale resources to summer reading initiatives in your library. You’ll learn how to connect users with community-building information on the go, and you’ll walk away with ideas to make this summer a stand-out for your users!
- Literature Resource Center Refresher (March 2018, 30 mins): Explore this literary criticism resource you can use at the reference desk, in your instruction programs, in your LibGuides, and with your book clubs!
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center (August 2017, 30 mins): Get introduced to your career database! Learn how this award-winning resource can help your students and patrons explore thousands of possible professions in 140 industries and career fields. The database also offers a wealth of information on planning their education and launching their career, including an in-depth career interest assessment and live job postings.
- Stimulate Learning with Films on Demand for Academic Institutions (34 mins): Learn the basics of using Films on Demand, your source for streaming video.
- Enhance your Public Library Programs with Access Video On Demand (32 mins): Learn the basics of Access Video on Demand, the public library interface for Films on Demand.
The NEW Mango Learning Experience (March 2019, 11 mins): Mango Languages' latest product update introduces a new evolution in language learning, including personalized learning pathways and review system, new listening and reading activities, and expanded course content in the top-studied languages.
- New recording coming soon! Check the calendar for live training opportunities. (Learn how to use Morningstar, the research tool that supports investors by providing information and analysis on stocks, funds, companies, and market trends.)
Selected Webinars from ProQuest's NC LIVE Training Series (<--click to see more!)
- ProQuest Entrepreneurship Database (October 2018, 34 mins): Review the content in this database, which is designed to arm entrepreneurs with vital resources for developing and researching their ideas while providing valuable insight to help grow their product or service.
- Starting Research with ProQuest Research Companion (August 2018, 33 mins): Help your patrons learn how to research! Developed by writing instructors and librarians, ProQuest Research Companion's multmedia Learning Modules engage researchers to think more critically and creatively about their research, while powerful, interactive Tools help them navigate through the research process more efficiently and more effectively.
- Getting Started with Genealogy (August 2018, 42 mins): Learn what to do before you start family history research! We’ll cover resources in HeritageQuest that help organize research and review basic genealogy practices that can lead to better outcomes. Watch this to prepare for your own onsite patron trainings or to work one-on-one with genealogy researchers.
- SIRS Discoverer & Issues Researcher for Public Libraries (August 2018, 40 mins): Get ready for Back to School and Homework Help! Do you have students who start their research in Google or Wikipedia and then have to take time finding reliable sources? Why not start with SIRS Discoverer and Issues Researcher and cut out some steps of the process? In these databases students will find the type of background information, sources, pro/con issues, and links to more resources that they need for research projects.
- Book Display Widgets with ProQuest and LibraryThing (July 2018, 25 mins): Learn about using LibraryThing's Book Display Widgets (included with NC LIVE's Ebook Central subscription) to add visual interest to library pages, social media and Libguides.
- HeritageQuest (June 2018, 60 mins): Learn specific search strategies for many of the major collections in HeritageQuest, including the Census, Books, Revolutionary War records, Freedman's Bank collections, and the U.S Serial Set of Action of the U.S Congress. You will also see how to access the Interactive Image Viewer and save/print/email tools, as well as the new Research Aids and Maps features.
- Business & Market Research on ProQuest (March 2018, 40 mins): ProQuest contains a broad array of business information, going beyond scholarly journals and news to include industry and market research reports, commodity reports, company reports, country reports, and start-up tools. How does one find all this diverse information? Watch this session to get started!
- RBdigital App Detailed Overview (June 2017, 30 mins)
- RBdigital App Quick Overview (June 2017, 4 mins)
- SimplyAnalytics 101 (August 2018, 40 mins): SimplyAnalytics is a platform that lets you create professional-quality maps and reports using demographic, business, and marketing data. Discover the basics of using NC LIVE's SimplyAnayltics subscription, from mapping data, businesses, and locations to conducting comparison studies, and more! Please use the password sa101_d4B55gk to access this recording.